Volunteer with us. Make a difference.
There are many needs in the Mayan Highlands of Guatemala, where Casa de Sion is located. Our Volunteer Vacations are designed to offer individuals and teams the opportunity to give hands-on help to these impoverished communities.
Casa de Sion is a bright light in a community that needs hope and love. My experience as a volunteer was rich, meaningful, genuine, and I left feeling like I had made a difference. I can’t think of a more impactful way to serve the beautiful people of Guatemala. – Stephanie Sawyer
Here are some of our programs that you and your team could be working on:
- Hogares Seguros para Niños – our orphanage that helps homeless and challenged children. The needs here are interacting with the kids and helping improve the grounds and facilities.
- After-School Feeding and Tutorial Program – hands-on involvement of feeding and teaching school aged kids. Spending time teaching and playing with these wonderful children is the most needed.
- Mamas and Tots – working in different communities, bringing nutritious meals to mothers and their newborns, along with basic teachings on how to keep themselves and their children healthy.
- Medical and Dental Aid – we welcome all medical and dental teams to provide services to communities that receive little to no heath care.
- Clothing and Shoe Distribution – handing out donations to needy children is one of the rewarding activities at Casa de Sion.
- Construction Projects – we need teams and individuals for help building and maintaining the orphanage and grounds.
- Professional/Educational Opportunities – sharing your skills and talents with the Mayan communities is so important. Drama and art classes, staff training, etc.
- Scouting Projects – we love hosting Eagle Scout projects, and have lots of opportunities to earn that accolade.
- And so much more!
Is something specific that you and your team specializes in or wants to provide? We can arrange for that to happen. Any and all help is welcome, and we can customize a Volunteer Vacation around the desires of your team!